Monday, April 13, 2009

"Do Malaysians Still Live On Trees?"

"Do you still live on trees?"

Whenever people ask me this question, I feel sorry for them. I mean seriously, get real! Does anyone still live on trees now in the 21st century? If an individual has at least a little common sense, he or she will not ask another individual this question. Just because a person is from is from a third world country, that does not mean he or she is uncivilized and still live on trees.

Malaysian definitely do not live on trees. We have the world tallest twin buiding, which is also the world 3rd tallest building and world 5th tallest buiding. Menara Kuala Lumpur, world 5th tallest building stands majestically atop Bukit Nanas (Pineapple Hill) at 421 meters and 94 meters above sea level, is one of the first and perhaps most enduring images a visitor to KL will encounter. It claims to house the highest McDonald's in the world. This tower has an observation deck, where you finally can manage to get a bird's eye view of the city. On the other hand, the Petronas Twin Tower is the 88-storey twin towers that stands majestically at 452 metres. Petronas Twin Tower Kuala Lumpur have been acknowledged by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat as the tallest buildings in the world from year 1997 to 2003.








For those people that ask me the discriminating question whether or not I still live on trees back in my home country, my answer is "No". I personally think some Malaysians might even have nicer houses than a lot of the Westerners. For instance, I love my house in Malaysia. It has all my memory growing up with my family. It is the best house ever. It is spacious, classy and cozy. My house contains all the love I needed. I am a very lucky girl to have my parents as my parents. They not only shower me and my brothers with unconditional love, they also make sure we always have the best.






























What I wanted to say is that Malaysian do not live on trees. We have houses build from wood to brick houses and big and busy cities like Kuala Lumpur with countless skyscrappers. Even though the economy of Malaysia still cannot compete with countries like United States, China, Japan or even Singapore, our edifice without doubt can compete with those in the advance countries. "Malaysia Boleh!"


No comments:

Post a Comment